Welcome to Bogue Chitto State Park Trail Run!
We are very excited you are participating in this awesome event.
Things you should know for race day:
1. Packet Pickup from 7:00 am to 8:00 am at Pavilion 3
2. Race Day Registration from 7:00 am to 7:45 am at Pavilion 3
3. Pre-Race Meeting about the course and marking of the course,
etc. 8:10 am at Pavilion 3
4. Race start times are as follows:
- 10 mile - 8:30 am
- 5 mile - 9:00 am
- 1 mile Fun Walk - 9:00 am
5. NO DOGS, NO PACERS, NO BABY STROLLERS, NO BICYCLES,
and NO EARPHONES, etc. ALLOWED on the COURSE!
6. This event is "Bring Your Own Bottle". In our efforts to keep our
races and the park green, we will not have cups at the water
stations. This reduces the amount of trash and therefore, our
impact on the park. Water will be provided for filling up your
bottles, camelbacks, and other containers at the water stations
on the course. Drink lots of water to stay hydrated.
7. There is an entrance fee of $1.00 per person to be admitted to
the Park. This fee does not apply to seniors (age 62 and older)
or for children under 3 years old. (This fee was not included in
your registration fees, as this money goes directly to the park.)
8. Come prepared for the HOT weather. Bring sunscreen and make
sure to stay hydrated. INSECT repellent is a MUST!
9. HAVE FUN! Plan to stay for the post-race activities and awards
ceremony. We want everyone to have a great day, in this
amazing place. There is also kayaking, tubing, canoeing and
horseback riding available at the park for after the race.
About our Social Cause – STARC
Since 1972, STARC’s goal has been to improve the lives of the mentally
disabled through services, job training, advocacy, better resources, and
new connections. STARC is all about helping people with developmental
disabilities reach their potential and become independent, contributing
members of the community. They do so by providing therapeutic
treatment, daycare, job training and community homes. STARC has been
enriching the lives of the mentally disabled for almost 40 years and we are
very happy to be partnering with them in this event.
For more information on STARC and more ways that you can help,
please visit: www.starcla.org or speak with one of the STARC
representatives on race day at the park.
Remember have family and friends that are not running participate
in the 1 Mile Fun Walk – proceeds go to STARC1
We are thrilled to have you with us. Please keep your eyes
open for more
"Amazing Races in Amazing Places!"
© Q50 RACES :: sitio actualizado: Viernes, 27 de Marzo 2015 :: Diseño Web: Creativa